Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dont' Feel Bad Mom, You Got a C!

I told my daughter about my goal to write 100 blog posts this year and how I felt bad that I didn't push myself harder to do it.  She looked at my blogger dash and said, "Now you know how all of those C kids feel.  You worked hard to just do those 70 something posts but you didn't get the 100 so does that mean that the others were worthless?"

I love my kid.
I am also proud of my now 76 posts for this year!  That is 26 more than I wrote last year or the year before.

Now for a confession:

I don't feel like I'm ready to go back to work!
I went in two days over the break and did some housekeeping stuff, made some copies but I just don't feel ready!  I have really enjoyed this break.

It doesn't help that I have
a) our math coach coming in on Thursday (who never has anything positive to say only negatives)
b) a parent meeting Thursday night to show parents how to do "NEW" math.  I hate that they think there is new math, and I will be telling them that the way they do it is just fine to show their kids.  I will be showing them how to use the bar model for solving ratios and rates word problems.


I guess that is all I have to say for this year!

Happy 2015 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment