Thursday, July 31, 2014

Number of the Day - 731

July Blogging Challenge Day 31

The best thing about July is it is a nice long month.  Perfect for the middle of summer break :)  Today is my last post for the July challenge and I am eager to keep on blogging!  Counting this one I had 20 posts which is a record for me in one month!  I am really proud of myself and excited to continue.

I am only slightly panicking about the quickly approaching school year.  I have a very confident and positive outlook, but sometimes I can't help but do a little freak out when I think about how much work I am going to have to do switching to new grade levels!  My plan is to take baby steps and try to accomplish at least one small thing each day.  Maybe this will turn into an August Challenge that I can blog about!

So today I created my daily warm up sheets.  I really want to do something like calendar math/number of the day with 5th grade and I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea for 6th as well.  Here is what I came up with so far.  I would REALLY appreciate feedback on this.  Are they too plain, how would you jazz them up?  Should I use the same questions for both 5th and 6th grade?  Stuff like that.  I plan on  copying them front/back and each student would keep it in their classroom folders.
Oh and my number of the day will be the month and day  (903, 904 and 905 etc.)


2 comments:

  1. Love the different ways you have asked them to apply their knowledge on these warm-ups. Great for middle school grades!! Is that what you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! Yes, I'm teaching 5/6 this year. I am super excited to have them practice divisibility rules, that is one thing that grated my nerves when the 7th/8th graders couldn't divide!

    ReplyDelete