Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Peek into the Not So Distant Future

July Blogging Challenge Day 22


This summer I have been working at one of those chain tutoring/learning centers. The money is horrendous, but its a little extra change for not a lot of work.  Its only 2-3 hours in the evening 3 days a week.  This week though I am working with a brother and sister who just moved into the area every single morning from 9:30 to 12:30.  They are going into 4th and 5th grade and are great kids.  The fun part is I am getting some practice teaching things like multi-digit multiplication and fraction operations. When I agreed to the switch form 7th/8th, I wasn't sure how I would like this grade level but I'm actually enjoying it.  Its also nice to work with younger kids who are excited to learn.  I'm pretty sure my 5th graders will be similar, but I'm thinking the 6th graders are already going to have a little attitude.  But as always I will head into my classroom in September believing I have the best and brightest students any teacher could want!

I am also excited to announce that my school was awarded a Kaboom Playground Grant!  I am going next Wednesday to be a part of the design day and then the playground will be built in October.  I am really excited for our students, they are going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment