Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Grass is Always Greener

So, I have made a decision, if I stay where I am I want to move down to 5th and 6th grade.  It seems where my students "mess up" is on the basic skills they were supposed to learn before they get to me.  How do you fix this?  I know that if I can't move down or if I get another job in another district (I'm applying to a district that has 6, 7, 8 available) I need to come up with a game plan.

I need to have a serious pre-assessment ready for  whatever grade I teach.  I need to make sure they have the prerequisite skills down before they learn new stuff...DUH!

I guess it is just so scary when you have that "curriculum that you have to get through" but it will be so much more difficult if they don't have the things they need to know down first.


Ok, lesson learned for this year of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment