Thursday, September 8, 2016

Third Grade Day 2

So today I thought that my challenging group from yesterday afternoon would act a little differently since I had them in the morning.  Unfortunately, they were worse.  I fought the urge to move on to keep up with the other class.  I am determined to keep working on their behaviors and solidifying my expectations, rules, procedures until they improve.

I've noticed that although they can recite the 5 rules, they do not put them into practice.  We are working on making anchor charts of what each rule "looks like."  I feel like breaking the rules down and giving that visual reminder will help.  I know that once we get into the super improvers game and the practice cards I should see some changes, but everything I read says to save them for as long as possible.

I will keep pushing, it is so hard to not jump into content, but I know that if we don't get the behavior issues resolved, getting into content will be a waste of our time.  I am giving them a diagnostic test, Its a 6 page test that I've broken down and giving them 1 page per day.  This weekend I will be able to see where they are academically and begin planning from there.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the article! Speaking of school, are you one of the students going to skip school for some reasons, you might want to apply for a professional and certified essay writing. This is important to for college and high school people in the process of essay writing. First, you should turn to writing service for UK and they will help you out with an issue how to write a good coursework to help your GPA remain high. Applying process is very easy and you don’t even have to do anything by yourself! You just have to wait!

    ReplyDelete